What makes Instituto Thomas Jefferson special?
In Elementary school, ITJ students…
- Construct knowledge as they develop 21st century skills such as critical thinking, collaborative work and decision making through PBL Methodology (Project Based Learning).
- Use English language as a learning tool through CLIL Methodology (Content and Language Integrated Learning) when studying academic content in this language.
- Develop their self-esteem, creativity and talents through programs that bring them close to the arts such as Art Expo, ITJ Orchestra, Declamation Contest and Talent Show.
- Explore their socio-emotional intelligence through Socio-Emotional Learning (SEL) programs implemented by the Personalized Education Department throughout Elementary school.
Our Elementary students learn to make decisions, as well as recognize and handle their consequences. They acquire social and academic skills that allow them to develop successfully in both areas, thus encouraging the development of their self-esteem.
At the end of Elementary school, our students:
- Have the social interaction tools they need to solve daily problems in an assertive and effective way.
- Recognize the importance of teamwork and collaboration and enjoy working this way.
- Are able to read, write, listen and speak in English, communicating fluently and naturally.
- Are able to understand literary and informational texts of 800 Lexile reading level in English.
- Use a wide range of technological tools and are able to apply their digital citizenship skills in daily school activities.
- Recognize their role and responsibility in protecting and preserving the environment.
- Enjoy knowing and learning about other cultures and interacting with classmates from other countries.
See our amazing campus, have a guided tour and get more information about our Amazing Learning program.