What makes Instituto Thomas Jefferson special?
Our little ones in ITJ Kindergarten…
- Develop different psychomotor, neurological and emotional skills while learning through our Mind Skills program.
- Are exposed to English due to our Total Immersion approach in learning a second language. This allows children to acquire English naturally.
- Discover the world of letters and sounds through the Jolly Phonics program, thus forging their literacy abilities in a fun and comprehensive way.
- Explore their talents and artistic skills while expressing their emotions assertively at the Creativity Lab.
Our Kindergarten students develop in a safe, joyful and learning environment. We accompany them very closely as they explore the world around them and grow into happy and self-confident children.
At the end of Kindergarten our students:
- Are able to follow instructions, understand everyday conversations and follow narrations appropriate for their age in English.
- Are able to read independently words with consonant-vowel-consonant structures.
- Express their emotions and needs assertively and effectively in order to ask for help and share how they feel.
- Are able to solve basic arithmetic operations without conversion.
- Have developed fine and gross motor skills and abilities which allow them to recognize themselves within their own body structure.
- Recognize the need to take good care of the resources in their environment.
- Recognize their role within their immediate community.
See our amazing campus, have a guided tour and get more information about our Amazing Learning program.