What makes Instituto Thomas Jefferson special?
In Middle school, ITJ students…
- Develop social skills, independence and self-regulation thanks to programs like Mindfulness-Yoga, Digital Citizenship and Social Service.
- Experience the exact sciences closely in the Biology, Chemistry and Physics Laboratories and explore practical applications of Mathematics in the Math Workshop.
- Learn to express themselves correctly in written English through their Academic and Creative Writing classes.
- Collaborate and work as a team to achieve a common goal in events such as the TJ MUN, Film Festival and Fashion Fest.
Our Middle School students recognize the importance of self-regulation and respect for themselves and others. They are enthusiastic teenagers who learn to generate their own knowledge in a safe and efficient way and who seek academic excellence and happiness.
At the end of Middle School, our students…
- Recognize the factors that affect the decisions they make and take responsibility for them.
- Can clearly identify the main and secondary ideas of complex texts in English whether they be about abstract or concrete topics. They can interact with native speakers in a fluent, natural and assertive way.
- Recognise the value of empathy, diversity and tolerance, thus laying the foundation for a positive, reflexive leadership.
- Value physical activity as a crucial element to growing healthy and as a means to develop their social interaction skills.
- Appreciate artistic expressions and enjoy learning about the different ways to express their creativity.
- Use technology with dexterity both as a means to gather information and to express and shares their ideas and feelings while being responsible digital citizens.
- Identify their skills and areas of opportunity and focus on improving them to accomplish a wholesome development.
- Recognize collaborative work as a tool to accomplish their goals.
See our amazing campus, have a guided tour and get more information about our Amazing Learning program.